What are Vape Pens? The Ultimate Vape Pen Guide 2018
So everyone has been talking about vaping, and you have finally decided to give it a trial? With the recent cases of legalization across the globe, the popularity of vaping has also skyrocketed. This has led to a dramatic increase in the number of vape pens available in the market. Whether you are a seasoned vaper or just getting into the game, getting the right vaping device is of paramount importance. As already mentioned, there are so many vape pens out there. Getting the best vape pen can, therefore, be a daunting task especially if you don’t know what factors to consider. However, all is not lost since we got you covered! In this informative guide, we will tell you what vape pens are, how they work, how to get the best one and we will also give you some of the best vape pens in 2018. Sounds interesting? Let’s get started!
What are Vape Pens?
Vape pens, also known as pen vaporizers are compact, pocket-sized vaporizers that resemble a ‘pen’ and hence the name vape pen.
A vape pen acts as the power source that heats up a cartridge or a vape tank to produce vapor. These gadgets are cheaper, easy to use and more discrete as compared to the heftier stationery or portable vaporizers. In addition, vape pens are rechargeable hence allowing you to vape on the go.
How Does A Vape Pen Work?
You have been using a vape pen for all this time, but have you ever paused to ask yourself how a vape pen work? Well, a pen vaporizer is made up of five essential elements; an atomizer, a battery, a tank/chamber, a button and of course, a mouthpiece. The atomizer acts as the heating element and works by heating up the flower or oil to just below the combustion temperature. This allows the flower or the oil to vaporize hence allowing you to inhale the vapor that you so much love. The chamber or the tank holds the concentrate or flower. On the other hand, the button is used to activate the battery, which in turn heats the atomizer. The atomizer then heats the chamber, and you finally get to inhale the delicious vapor via the mouthpiece. Some vape pens come equipped with temperature settings systems that allow you to customize your vaping session. If you are a cloud chaser, then high-temperature settings should work for you!
How to Get the Best Vape Pen
We now know how a vape pen work. Now comes the mother of it all; how do I choose the best vape pen to suit my vaping needs? Below are some of the factors that you should consider: The size of your vape pen as you probably already know, vape pens come in different designs and sizes. If you want to keep your vaping under ‘wraps,’ then you should consider the smaller, more discrete vape pens. On the other hand, there exist some larger and more conspicuous pens. For this reason, the size of your vape pen will mostly come down to your personal interest and preference. Something to note here is that, although both styles may offer options that are almost the same, the small and more discrete vape pens are frequently better for wax or oils as compared to the actual bud. As we have already mentioned, this will entirely depend on your personal interest as what might work for me may not work for you. However, regardless of the size or style that you go for, it is crucial that you consider the effects of your vape design to the durability of your vape pen.
What are You Vaping?
Dry herb, cartridges or wax? It is important to consider what you are vaporizing as this will also determine your choice for a vape pen.
Something else that you must consider is the heating method. They include;
- Convection- In this case, your vape material is in direct contact with the heating element. This is because the hot air is passing around and through your vape material.
- Induction- Through this method, heat passes through magnetic fields. It is not very popular yet, but you can still find a good number of vape pens using it.
- Conduction- In this case, the botanical chamber is not in direct contact with the heating element.
In conduction, herb or the vape material is in direct contact with the warm or heated surface. Battery Life and Capacity Vape pens come with batteries of different qualities and varying sizes. You definitely want to get a gadget that will give you long services over a single charge and for an extended period. Something to note here is that the life of your vape battery will significantly be influenced by temperature as well as
the frequency of usage. The higher the temperature, the faster your batteries become depleted and vice-versa. The best thing about vape pens is that they come with USB chargers that allow you to charge on the go!
Best Vape Pens in 2018
- Vapor Slide - V2 Hybrid Vape Pen - Going for only $79.99, this vape pen gives you value for your money. Although you might hate it for its small size, this vape pen has a strong battery that allows you to vape for a long period of time over a single charge. In addition, the vapor slide comes equipped with a complete variable heat setting system. This means that you can adjust the temperatures to meet your personal needs.
According to user reviews, the V2 Vapor Slide delivers unique flavor and super smooth hits that leaves you yearning for more.
- KandyPens - Galaxy Vape - When it comes to innovation, KandyPens carries the day! KandyPens is one of the best vape pens around, no wonder it was recognized by the High Times Magazine and awarded with the Best Vaporizer Award (Desired by many). KandyPens Galaxy also comes with temperature controlled batteries as well as dual quartz atomizers. Perhaps the unique thing about this vape pen is its ability to select between three preset temperature settings! The temperature control enabled battery allows the user to select between 3 temperature setting, i.e., 350°, 390°, and 430°F. Talk of personalized vaping sessions!
- The Kind Pen - Slim Oil Vape Pen - Who says you must buy two different vapes for e-liquid and oil? This gadget can do both oils and e-liquids! Amazing, right? Going for only $19.99, this compact vape device comes with a wickless chamber. The chamber can hold either the oil or the e-liquid. The ‘’Slim’’ Oil Pen also comes with an automatic draw battery which is automatically activated when the user takes a draw. Magic, right? This feature makes this gadget one of the easiest to use. What if my battery runs out during a vaping session, just plug the included USB charger and you are back in motion within minutes!
There are so many good vape pens that you can consider, and these are just some of them. Others include the Nexus Pro Concentrate Vape, The Kind Pen - Dream Vaporizer Pen Kit, and the Grenco Science - G Pen Elite